Rome’s Stadio Olimpico continues to be”entirely supported” as a place for Euro 2020 matches following the Italian authorities guaranteed the existence of at least 25% of buffs, UEFA announced on Wednesday.
Rome was among four of the 12 host cities threatened with its games eliminated since it couldn’t give assurances that audiences would be permitted into grounds given that the continuing Covid-19 situation.
The police have ensured at least 25 per cent of the arena’s capacity will be full, European soccer’s governing body said.
Because of this, UEFA believes Rome to be wholly confirmed as a place for the championship.
Munich, Bilbao, and Dublin have three other towns until April 19 to offer UEFA extra info on their audiences’ strategies.
Rome is set to sponsor the opening fixture to the championship, between Turkey and Italy, on June 11.
It was also chosen to host Italy’s other band games against Switzerland and Wales, in addition to a quarter-final.
Fans with tickets for games at Rome should be aware that there’ll not be any exemptions allowed, to some travel restrictions that will be set up at the moment, for individuals coming from outside Italy, UEFA added.
UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has cautioned that nations that failed to provide warranties on supporter numbers may be dropped since hosts.
Dublin’s Aviva Stadium is scheduled to sponsor three group games and a last-16 match, but there are increasing doubts over the dilemma of fan attendance.
The Football Association of Ireland said last week that it was”not in a situation at this stage to provide assurances at minimal spectator levels in the UEFA Euro 2020 matches expected to be held in Dublin in June”. (AFP)