The question you ask yourself whenever you want to start a website is “How will I increase my website’s traffic.” Getting traffic to a website is not an easy goal to achieve. It has to do with dedication, time and patience because you might not get your desired results.
Why do we create a website? There are many reasons why different people create a website, but the major reason why people create a website is to earn a certain amount of money from what they love doing which is creating contents that people want to read.
Without traffic, you can’t get views. Without views, you can’t earn money. Without money, you can’t keep up with the website maintenance.
This article will give you some tips on how to get traffic to your website using various methods.
How to get traffic to your website
As I said earlier, getting traffic to a website is not easy to achieve, but you can achieve it with consistency.
A car can’t move without gas so as a website. A website cannot progress without articles.
1. Creating Quality contents: one of the best ways to get traffic to your website is by creating Quality and informational articles. People will love to read. If your website is newly created, you will need some SEO tools to write exactly what people will want to read.
Make use of tools like H-supertools and Uber suggest before you write an article about a certain keyword. If you have thought of a keyword to write on, check out the SEO tools I mentioned above and input your keyword.
You will get a list of what people are searching for on that keyword and how easy and hard to rank it. It’s always advisable to go for the easy to rank keywords to get Organic views.
With the above keyword research tool, you will also get the number of people that search for that particular keyword every month. It is advisable to go for lengthy keywords because they are easy to rank on.
2. On-page SEO: The next step you will want to take is by having plugins installed which will guide you on where and how to insert your Keywords. On-page SEO is always what you do in your admin dashboard To get traffic. To get your on-page SEO, install a plugin called Yoast SEO plugin. Yoast SEO plugin costs about $90, but it worths it.
With the Plugin, you can easily place your keyword in the appropriate place without stuffing it.
Yoast SEO plugin will tell you whenever you are missing something then you will do your correction.
Here are the places you must insert your keyword to get your on-page SEO if you can’t afford the Plugin
- Always insert your keyword in your headline.
- Always insert your keyword in your first paragraph.
- Always insert your Keyword in your first 100 words and last 100 words.
- Always insert your keyword in your Image’s Alt.
- Always have an internal link.
- Always have an external link.
Keyword insertion in your article depends on the word count.
3. Off-page SEO: After you have done your on-page SEO, the next step is to do your off-page SEO.
Off-page SEO is the effort you put in place to get views to your articles.
Off-page SEO has to do with sharing/advertising your website for awareness.
Off-page SEO is outside what you do in your backend. It means sharing your articles for awareness.
Aa a newly established website, People don’t know your website except you advertise it. You will need to share your articles on social media pages to get views.
Share your article on Facebook groups that are related to your article.
Share your article to Quora spaces that are related to your Niche. Answer Quora questions using your article.
4. Email marketing: With email marketing, you can easily send your article directly to your readers through email. For you to start email marketing, you will have to create an email list.
You can create an email list by telling your readers to sign up for your newsletter to get the latest updates on your website. It’s advisable to ask them willingly for their email rather than getting it in a tricky way.
5. Guest posting: Guest posting is when you ask Websites with higher domain authority for a chance to publish an article on their website then you will insert your website URL on the article to link the readers to your website.
Some websites with high Domain authority might request you to pay them a certain amount of money before you can guest post on their website while some might do it for free.
If you want to get free websites to guest post on, kindly join Facebook groups with the name “free guest posting”. Tons of Bloggers are willing to drop their websites for guest posting.
Read Also: How To Make Up To $1000 Per Month On Medium.
It would be best if you also invited others to guest post on your website. If you invite others to guest post on your website, they will definitely share their article, and since the article was posted on your blog, you will get more views.
6. Make your website fast: People will definitely not want to waste their time on a website that takes ages to load. A website that takes time to load an article will frustrate your readers, and they will not come back again.
2 ways you can make your website fast
- Avoid uploading images with larger sizes.
- Increase your hosting plan
7. Interact with your readers: You can also increase your website’s traffic by interacting with your readers in the comment section.
Normalize answering your reader’s questions. If you respond to your reader’s questions, they will be happy to come back.